You’re a user experience fanatic and an engineer at heart. You recognise when the solution is getting too complex, and it’s time to adjust the requirements. Or when it’s time to delete, refactor and simplify.
You make change happen by working with & through others. Sometimes coding and ideas you love will not make it into production but you know that’s just reality and will forge ahead.
- A strong software development background and probably relevant degree
- Testing with Jest (or other unit test frameworks)
- Responsive HTML & CSS
- Precompilers: SASS, LESS
- Django / Jinja templates
- REST APIs
- Frontend Security Architectures and Practice
- Some exposure to agile ways of working i.e scrum, kanban
What you’ll do:
- Set the overall technical direction of our front-end development; use of frameworks, pre-compilers and other front-end technologies
- Be a key contributor on our open source tool for rendering forms from JSON Schema (https://www.npmjs.com/package/@mutt/forms) and its ecosystem
- Build production complete UIs when needed
- Work with other developers to ensure your code fits in with the overall design and coding standards
- Contribute ideas and innovations, wherever you see opportunity for improvement
- Work collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary teams within squads in a agile way using scrum methodology
By choosing to work here you’ll become part of an amazing team that’s reinventing one of the world’s oldest industries. We’re moving fast. Last year we grew triple digits and are working hard to continue growing.
We’re recognised by Wired magazine as one of Europe’s 100 hottest start-ups and we’re on The Sunday Times Tech Track list of the 100 fastest-growing tech businesses.
What it’s like to work here:
Our client are challenging their whole industry to make insurance better for everyone. So, here you’ll meet people who think differently, aim for impact and love to just try new stuff.
Every one of the team are part of our story. So we encourage a culture that’s open, grown-up and that shares and celebrates success.
They are a social bunch too. There are dinners, breakfasts, meet-ups and movie nights. And, of course, our annual parties set the cat among the pigeons.
If you love what you do and want to stretch the boundaries of your job description, get in touch and become part of their amazing journey.
This job description highlights the main areas of responsibility but as we are a high-growth organisation, it is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and may change with the evolution of the business.