£60,000 - £80,000
Our client is a multi award winning e-commerce FinTech business. The team come from a diverse range of backgrounds, including internet companies, software houses, strategy consultancies, games companies, retail providers, and major insurance and financial services organisations. This mix of sector experience and fresh perspective is key to making a positive and lasting change to the customer experience.
The Tech Team is expanding to develop the first truly customer-centric end-to-end insurance business.
We are migrating towards a micro-services and serverless architecture (where the solution fits the problem). We are not afraid to make bold tech stack decisions to stay ahead, so you will too.
The successful candidate will be joining an exceptional team and will play a key role in defining and building our insurance micro-services platform and the websites through which users interact with it.
Full Stack Developer - Role Overview
- Pick up a task, or small project and take it right through to production ready.
- Drive out detailed requirements where they don’t already exist, with the help of business users and analysts.
- Work with and guide more junior developers to make them productive and deliver to a high-quality. And work collaboratively with other senior developers.
- Become the technical authority for one or more key components of our systems infrastructure.
- Contribute to and influence the overall tech stack and new tech adoption.
- Work collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary teams.
- MongoDB and associated python libraries
- Micro-services and REST APIs
- AWS devops and APIs
- AWS: Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway.
- Python Web Frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Agile software development
- Facebook API/Open Graph
We also like talking to people who enjoy
- Big Data Analytics
- Test & Behavioural Driven Development
- Meta programming
- An Engineer at Heart:You know when the solution is getting too complex, and it’s time to adjust the requirements. Or when it’s time to delete, refactor and simplify.
- Completer Finisher. You want to give users the best possible experience but also recognise that perfect is good finished.
- Philosophical.On occasion ideas and code you love will not make it into production, you will need to be able to move on.
- People person.You are energised by a high amount of contact with a wide range of people. You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments & cultures.
- Team ethic. You make change happen by working with & through others.