Haywards Heath, West Sussex. Permanent £70,000 + benefits.
Company Background & History
Our client is a high-growth fintech startup, 6 years old and employing 90 people.In 2017 named in Times Tech Track 100 ‘ones to watch’.
In 2018 and beyond the will continue to develop its API and launch a suite of products in the website and admin platform driven by that API.
- Will have a strong software development background and probably relevant degree.
- Will become a key contributor our open source tool for rendering forms from JSON Schema
- Will set the overall technical direction of our front-end development; use of frameworks, pre-compilers and other front-end technologies.
- Will be comfortable with all aspects of front-end development (HTML, CSS) and happy to build production complete UIs when needed.
- Work with other developers to ensure your code fits in with the overall design and coding standards.
- Contribute ideas and innovations, wherever you see opportunity for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary teams.
Skills & Experience Requirements (in rough priority order)
- Building with Webpack
- Testing with Jest/Jasmine (or other unit test frameworks)
- Responsive HTML & CSS
- Precompilers: SASS, LESS
- Django/Jinja templates
- REST APIs
- Frontend Security Architectures and Practice
- Agile/Extreme software development
- A user experience fanatic:You want every one of your pages to deliver the best experience possible.
- An Engineer at Heart:You know when the solution is getting too complex, and it’s time to adjust the requirements. Or when it’s time to delete, refactor and simplify.
- Completer Finisher.You want to give users the best possible experience but also recognise that perfect is good finished.
- Philosophical.On occasion ideas and code you love will not make it into production, you will need to be able to move on.
- People person.You are energised by a high amount of contact with a wide range of people. You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments & cultures.
- Team ethic.You make change happen by working with & through others.