Research Engineer - Medical Imaging
8 month contract Outside IR35
Start Date: April 2020
Our client is a pioneering medical imaging company developing radio-wave radar imaging technology used for the treatment of cancer.
The R&D Engineer (radar expert) will be contribute to development and industrial research in support of the Company’s active R&D work streams. Responsible for the evaluation, design, and improving radar imaging system and techniques for medical applications. Developing algorithm, and implement imaging and analytical aspect of the commercial software.
- Develop and implement novel radar imaging technique for medical applications;
- Assessing technologies to improve/ extend the Company’s radar imaging techniques;
- Making contributions to R&D resulting in novel functionality and new product offerings;
- Documentation in forms of technical papers, and presentation; and
- Contribute in patents application.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good solid background in signal processing.
- Knowledge of medical imaging (e.g., Ultrasound, CT, and/or MRI) theory, reconstruction and applications.
- Experience in medical imaging or biomedical signal statistical analysis.
- Familiar with Pattern Recognition technique, e.g. feature extraction and classification.
- MATLAB or Python, R (or close equivalent) prototyping skills.
- Experience working in a regulated commercial environment (medical, aviation, automotive) including traceability requirements and risk management.
- Experience of Machine Learning Techniques, toolkits and or cloud based solutions.
- Experience in radar imaging techniques including synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and the ability to develop new algorithms and techniques related to radar imaging, such as algorithms involving image focusing/reconstruction, beam-forming, compressive sensing, automatic target recognition, machine learning, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to model and simulate complex array and antenna design using a variety of open-source or commercial electromagnetic simulation tools.