East Grinstead, West Sussex
Our client is a UK-based (close to Gatwick) high performance engineering business delivering bespoke software, hardware, and systems to the public and private sectors.
They have built a strong reputation for producing high quality solutions and have repeatedly impressed customers working to critical time-scales. Their open and adaptable approach backed by agile methodologies, along with an extremely dedicated team. The outstanding success of the company over the years has been based on the excellence of their people. They strive to create the best environment and opportunities for capable people to make a significant contribution to the organisation by developing their individual talents.
- Design, implement and test software to meet customer requirements
- Support the software integration with the customer’s systems
- Adhere to the company’s quality management processes
- Track and report progress to team leader
- Suggest and implement improvements to the company processes
- From time to time, undertake assignments at client sites
- Liaise with customers to determine requirements
- Solid experience in all areas of software development
- A good understanding of modern software development techniques
- Competency in high level languages such as C, C++
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- C++ on Linux using Qt. Some experience with networking or user interfaces useful.
- C driver development or testing to high integrity levels.
- Ability to pass UK MoD Security checks.
- Experience with test first development (BDD, TDD etc)
- Experience in embedded systems
- Experience with modern configuration control tools (e.g. git)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
You will be working in a flexible, fun environment with a supportive team who achieve excellent customer satisfaction and have built a reputation for getting the job done. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of challenging high profile projects, knowing that your contribution won’t go unnoticed.
As well as a competitive salary, you will benefit from 25 days leave per year; a flexible working pattern; private health care; income protection insurance; death in service insurance; company contributory pension scheme.